Designed in partnership by the University of British Columbia (BC) and Trans Care BC this is a short online continuing medical education course designed for primary care providers in BC. The course provides patient hand-outs and resources.
This course is online, free, and grants 1.5 Mainpro-M1 credits.
- Effectively utilize common terminology when discussing gender with patients;
- Identify common health disparities/challenges faced by transgender patients and their implications for care;
- Define the gender-affirming framework and how it applies to provision of primary care;
- Take an effective patient history using appropriate language;
- Describe the role of the primary care provider in the care of transgender patients;
- Utilize resources and connect transgender and gender diverse patients to appropriate supports.